2022 Annual Meeting Townshend Dam
Saturday, September 10th
The Windham Regional Woodlands Association will hold its 2022 Annual meeting on Saturday, September 10th (Rain date Sunday, September 11) at the Davis Pavilion in the Townshend Dam recreation area
- At 9:30 there will be a “walk and talk” led by State Forester, Tim Morton. This will be about an hour and a half tour, or relatively easy walking but with a stream jump, so wear appropriate clothing and tick repellant etc. It will focus on forest management, ancient roads lost in the 1927 floods, some old remaining structures, some large trees being left alone for the future etc.
- At 11 o’clock at the Pavilion there will be a talk about the dam itself, its history, the West River watershed and current uses.
- This will be followed by the presentation of the two new scholarships being awarded for the upcoming year.
- We will then have our Annual Meeting with reports to the members and the presentation of the upcoming budget for the year.
- We will then have a short quarterly Trustees meeting.
- This will be followed by a BYO lunch and get together. There are two grills there and we will provide charcoal fires and utensils for those wishing to grill hot dogs or hamburgers.
Directions: To get there, take Route 30 north (or south) to the Townshend Dam. Cross over the dam on the road atop it, then right into the Recreation area, past the beach to the first (Davis) Pavilion.Parking is available. There are bathrooms and drinking water on site. The Pavilions have picnic tables under cover, but if you would like something more comfortable, bring cushions or folding chairs.
We hope to see lots of you there!