WINDHAM REGIONAL WOODLANDS ASSOCIATION
130 Austine Drive, Suite 300
Brattleboro, VT 05301
MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP DESCRIPTION
The Windham Regional Woodlands Association Memorial Scholarships consist of the following:
1. To a high school graduate about to enter college as a freshman ($1,500); and
2. To a student who will be a sophomore, junior or senior in college during the next academic year ($1,500)
1. Windham County residents who are (a) high school seniors or have a high school diploma or (b) sophomores, juniors or seniors in college.
2. Attendance in a two or four-year program in forestry or allied field (e.g., wildlife management) with coursework and goals directly related to forest management. For the purpose of these scholarships we do not consider more general programs (e.g., agriculture, botany, turf management or environmental science) as allied fields unless the applicant clearly demonstrates how his or her chosen field is focused on forest management.
1. Applications should be made in writing to the Windham Regional Woodlands Association, Inc., 130 Austine Drive Suite 300, Brattleboro, VT 05301.
2. The deadline for the scholarship application is May 15th.
The Scholarship Committee will evaluate candidates based on the completeness, clarity, quality and content of the applications. In some circumstances (e.g., several comparable applicants), the Committee may request an in person interview. The Committee will notify the scholarship recipients by the end of May.
If feasible, the scholarship will be presented at the student’s high school Graduation (or Awards Assembly), or during the Association’s Annual Meeting, which is usually held in September. One half of the award will be presented at that time and the other half will be provided after the successful completion of the fall semester and verification of intent to continue a relevant course of study during spring semester.
IF YOU MEET THESE CRITERIA AND WISH TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP, GO TO THE “WHO WE ARE” DROPDOWN MENU AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE, CLICK ON “SCHOLARSHIPS”, DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION, FILL IT OUT AND SEND IT TO US.